By: August Marc Louis S.P. Ramos
Simon Anthony Adan died along with his father and sister because of the fire at their home! That was the news that shook up the whole Parochial last September 11, 2006.
Simon was one of my best friends who was liked and loved by everybody because of his attitude. He was such a nice guy.
When I first heard about the news, I didn’t believe it because I thought it was just a joke. But when the principal herself announced that he really died with his sister and father, I finally believed it. Parochialites especially the class where he belonged were teary eyed. Even the teachers shed tears.
They said that he died because of suffocation along with his dad. The father and son were found in the bathroom embracing each other.
Simon’s sister, Katrina, died not only because of suffocation but because of the burn on her arms too. They said that she would’ve escaped but came back for her brother and father.
Last October, Simon’s classmates remembered his birthday through a simple party given by his mother for him.
Simon Anthony may have died in a tragic incident, but for us Parochialites, my best friend will always be remembered for his kind heart and humility. I pray that he is now in the company of the choir of angels gloriously praising God. We love you Simon!
Inspirational Articles/ Daily Blog